TARGETconnect is a customer relationship management software solution specifically developed in conjunction with university careers services it provides all the key features you would expect to enable you to manage your careers service processes more efficiently and effectively.
Group GTI has over 20 years' experience working with university careers services, helping those services to connect students with employers. Our wealth of experience in working with careers professionals has given us a clear understanding of the key issues that drive the efficiency and effectiveness of an outstanding careers service. We have channelled that experience into publishing the TARGETjobs publications, targetjobs.co.uk and TARGETconnect, the only careers CRM system that will fulfil all your needs.
TARGETconnect is a web-based system that provides careers services with:
- A personal profile for students and graduates detailing all interactions with the careers service
- Ability to define user permissions for staff, students, graduates and employers
- Ability to create, schedule and run appointments, including referrals
- Full employer management including profiles, contacts and the recording of interactions with employer contacts
- Full jobs and opportunity management
- Extensive event management capability including bespoke creation, scheduling, recording of student and employer attendance, employer booking forms and more
- E-guidance including management of queries submitted from students, graduates and employers
- User-customisable and targeted bulk emails
- Management information reporting
- Creation of dynamic users and fields to provide wider access and customisation of the system to suit your individual needs
TARGETconnect also provides full user configuration, messaging, notifications, alerts and much more, all in one easy-to-use online package.
Managing contact with students is one of the key aspects of the service facilitated by TARGETconnect. TARGETconnect offers careers services the ability to either allow full access to students to book appointments online, or to retain the responsibility for booking appointments on behalf of students.
Appointments are created and released to the system according to user preferences. Appointments can be viewed either in list form or via the user friendly calendar. The appointments calendar can be arranged in a number of ways to suit the user, including single adviser view, all adviser view, appointment type view and more.
Booked appointments are instantly updated and clearly indicated to the relevant staff member. Students are sent an email notification detailing their booked appointment.
Careers advisers then have all the necessary details available to run the appointment and to record their appointment notes, either during or after the meeting. These notes can be viewed by users with similar permissions or kept private. They can also be shared with the student if preferred.
Careers staff can:
- Create appointment types that have their own characteristics and can be open to view/book to either the whole student community or specified sub-sets
- Create full appointment schedules days, weeks or even months ahead, with the ability to release those appointments to view over a specified period
- Advisers can run appointments with student data and preferences available instantly
- Advisers can record their appointment notes on the system, and update them as necessary. Students can be given permission to view these notes if preferred
- Additionally run drop-ins or referral appointments
- Configure the system to send email confirmations and reminders
- Run reports detailing all aspects of appointment activity, including cancellations and did not attend information.
Students and graduates can:
- View, book and cancel appointments online
Employers, jobs and opportunities management
Managing the relationship with employers and ensuring the latest information about employers and the job opportunities they are currently offering is key to the success of any careers service.
TARGETconnect offers the careers user a broad range of functionality and access to information that makes managing this relationship easy, and with all the information in just one place.
TARGETconnect provides a single environment for employers, students and graduates to both post and search for information relevant to:
Careers staff can:
- Create opportunity types
- Create custom fields to add to the core opportunity posting template
- Approve employer registrations
- Approve job and opportunity postings
- Record and manage contacts and communications with employer contacts
- Perform CV mailings upon request
- Work as the organisation to perform all the actions described below
- Create an employer profile including a full description of the organisation
- Create contacts with full contact details and the ability to denote which contacts receive which information from TARGETconnect
- Post jobs and opportunities
- Extend or re-issue expired jobs and opportunities
- Request CV mailings
- Search events and book places on those events
Students and graduates can:
- Search employer profiles
- Search jobs and opportunities
- Filter their searches by opportunity type, business sector, location, salary and many more criteria
- Where applicable, apply for jobs and opportunities based on criteria set by the employer
Whether it is your keystone employer careers fair, employer presentations, seminars or small plenary group sessions, TARGETconnect offers you the flexibility to create, edit, accept bookings for and record attendance at all careers-run events in a single online environment.
TARGETconnect will allow the careers user to create templates for events that have differing characteristics, using both core fields and user-defined fields, therefore offering almost limitless flexibility.
Employer booking forms can be created so that the careers user can offer a comprehensive service to employers attending events and ensure that event set-up is smooth and efficient.
All employer bookings, both actual and provisional are archived, ensuring that the careers user has a ready-made prospect list for future events of a similar type, and that this list can be emailed at the touch of a button.
Similarly, student attendance can be recorded manually or by using swipe card readers and uploaded directly into the system, giving the careers user access to a wide range of management information about event student attendance and the ability to onward communicate to the student body using that information.
Careers users can:
- Create events with complete flexibility, from time slots to categories, booking packs and any pre-requisites as defined by the careers service administrator.
- Create events tailored to particular audiences
- Create events on behalf of departments, faculties, individuals or employers
- Create events in advance and set publishing, booking and closing dates
- Set booking parameters for students, graduates and employer users
- Easily and efficiently manage all provisional bookings, confirmed bookings and attendance and onward communicate to any users, both prior to and after the event
- Create feedback forms particular to an event and auto-send these once the event has taken place
- Allow direct online bookings or book on behalf of users
- Produce management information reports detailing all the key aspects of event management
- Browse and book any events they have access to
- View all employers booked to attend an event and their current opportunities
- Browse and provisionally book places on any events they have access to
This is the main page that individual students will use to access careers service provision in TARGETconnect.
The profile contains personal student data plus access to all the main features of TARGETconnect. It is also the area within which the student can record and share with the careers service their specific career interests, preferred methods and regularity of email communications, and complete a one-click registration for the TARGETjobs careers resources website (targetjobs.co.uk).
- Update their profile preferences, and specify their career interests and whether they wish to receive automated email updates based on these preferences
- Book appointments including referrals if applicable
- Search events and book places on those events
- Search for and view employer profiles
- Search for jobs and opportunities, with a full set of search criteria, allowing for a great degree of specificity when searching
- Upload and publish CVs
- Review attendance of both appointments and events
- View appointment notes
- Submit queries to the careers service
Careers staff can:
- Search and view students profiles
- Work as the student, performing the key functions and activities detailed above on behalf of the student
- View student information and contact history
Bulk email management
TARGETconnect is an immensely effective tool for communicating to all users. TARGETconnect utilises two distinct forms of email communication.
Email notifications are triggered by specific actions within the system. For example, when a student books an appointment or an employer opportunity submission has been approved, the recipient will receive an email detailing relevant information confirming that action. Email notifications can also include extra bespoke text as added by the careers service. The careers service has full control over which notifications are active.
Bulk emails are a way of communicating to a user-defined set of recipients. Whether you wish your message to go to the whole student body or whether you wish to communicate to a very narrow sub-set of the wider audience, TARGETconnect allows you to quickly and easily create a recipient list based on the criteria defined by the user.
Additionally, careers staff can create feedback forms – these are constructed from a set of user-defined questions and can be sent automatically to appointment or event attendees, or just as a survey to targeted audiences. The results from completed feedback forms are collated within TARGETconnect, giving careers staff the ability to fully review.
- Provides targeted bulk-emailing to students and employers, targeted by a full range of recipient criteria
- Create, view and edit bulk email content
- Forward-schedule mailings to be sent at a specific time and date in the future
- Allows the careers service to configure distinct email headers and disclaimers that will be attached to outgoing mail communications
- Ability to control the incidents that generate mail responses
- Ability to configure email notification text, ensuring that the message relates specifically to the action triggering the notification, but also any additional information that may be pertinent to the recipient
- Create online feedback questionnaires with responses collated within the system
Careers service users are always liable to ask questions of careers service providers. TARGETconnect makes this process easy and efficient by ensuring that any permitted user can submit a query. Queries can be configured into categories by careers staff and routed to appropriate members of staff to ensure that all queries are responded to in a timely, effective manner.
- Allows queries to be raised by employers and students
- Allows documents to be attached to queries
- Queries can be assigned to individual users or groups by type, and can be re-assigned by staff as appropriate
- Email confirmations and reminders can be sent
- Records all communication between parties for future reference
- Tasks can be automatically created for careers staff as part of a discrete step plan
The placement tool will allow careers services to configure and manage single or multiple internal or external placement, internship, work experience and job shop schemes.
Custom form functionality will allow careers services to construct online registration forms on a per scheme basis to capture any qualifying information required from students, employers or other users.
The placements tool will allow careers services to configure the complexity of the process they wish to follow. They can either have a placement as a simple job type, or have a full registration process, applicant tracking and management process and a review process on or post-placement
With careers and employability becoming a key indicator for university performance, it is imperative that careers users are able to access as much information as possible from their careers CRM system. TARGETconnect allows a whole range of information to be recorded and consequently can report on that range of information. Reports can either be configured to search for specific data via the pre-selection of search criteria or a full data set for that report type can be outputted to a suitable format for further analysis.
A range of pre-defined reports, allowing the user to choose a wide range of criteria, generate management information reports:
- Appointment booking summary
- Appointment details
- Bulk email details
- Case issue details
- Casebook details
- Event booking details
- Event slot details
- Opportunity details
- Organisation contact details
- Organisation details
- Query details
- Student details
Full access can be provided to your TARGETconnect database should you wish to produce your own SQL reports.